This is my home page. I know home pages is not a popular genre these days and it probably makes me look old fashioned.
Whose home page?
My name is Daniil Baturin. On the Internet I usually go by dmbaturin,
the “m” is from my middle name, of sorts.
The good thing about it is that it's easy to write in ASCII. The bad thing is that just about everyone asks how they should
pronounce it and how many i's are there. I don't really care, you can call me Dan and avoid the issue altogether.
If you really insist, there are two i's and it's pronounced [Danʲiʔil Baturʲin] (Dah-nee-ee-l Bah-too-ree-n, with a glottal stop between the i's like in “uh-oh”.
I write programs and build networks. Sometimes those programs have something to do with networks, sometimes they don't.
The ones that are used widely enough that you might have already stumbled upon them are VyOS (a Linux distribution for routers), encapcalc the MTU/MSS calculator, and the task-centered iproute2 user guide (formerly “iproute2 cheatsheet”).
You can also find me in other places:
- Github: github.com/dmbaturin
- Blog: blog.baturin.org
- Twitter: @dmbaturin
- dmbaturin on Freenode and Esper IRC networks.
You can contact me by email <daniil (at) baturin (dot) org> (use PGP key if you wish).
Everything you see here is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license, unless otherwise specified.
The usual problem with news sections on static websites is that no one ever updates them. For this reason I made a dirty hack for generating them from the git commit log.
- Added MIDI files for all pieces in /music/fully-notated and a new tune.
- A large number of small, long overdue updates and corrections.
- Finally got to making a /pictures page.
- Added a comparison of Zen of Python with the Steelman requirements (the Ada design document) at /notes/zen-of-ada.
- Updated the CV a bit (/personal/cv).
- Add some desktop screenshots at /personal/screenshots for giggles.
- Explain how to set the PDF document title in /docs/nice-pdfs.
- Updated the object oriented Peano arithmetics (/code/oo-peano) code for Python3.
- Added a tutorial on clarinet keywork reassembly (/music/clarinet-reassembly).
- Added a continuity page (/personal/continuity). Hope it won't be the last thing I add.