There are some things that don't really fit in a blog because I want to keep them updateable, while editing a blog post seems somewhat wrong. I'll keep them in this section.
On the world wide web
- “Powered by...”, or the phenomenon of web software buttons
- A note on the once common buttons that promoted web server or client software
- Old webmaster's guide to mobile-friendly websites
- A passive-aggressive guide to adapting old websites for mobile audience.
On programming languages
- Zen of Ada
- A comparison of Zen of Python with the Steelman requirements (the Ada design document).
- Key signing parties considered useless
- A note on key signing parties as a form of security theater.
On software development in general
- On “easter eggs”
- A proposal for a sensible easter egg policy without the extremes of either “trustworthy computing” or flight simulators inside spreadsheet programs.